We know it's important for you to access your Citi Bike account when you need it. Follow these steps to make sure you can receive verification codes to solve log-in problems.
Before you begin
If you can't log in and recently changed your phone number, you'll need to update your number. Read how at Updating Your Account Information. Be sure your app version and device's operating system are updated.
- Log out of the app in the 'Settings' tab, then close the app on your device
- Text START to 46080 and follow the instructions
- Restart your device and re-open the app
- Tap 'Get Started' and log in
- Use the code we text you to verify your phone number.
- Don't tap 'Resend code'. Messages received out of order prevent logging in
If you don't receive a verification code after following the steps above, contact your provider directly and ask them to enable the following short code: 46080. Once these short codes are enabled, try logging in again. You can also tap 'Problem receiving the code?' when it appears on the screen, then use ‘Call me with the code’ and we’ll call your phone with a new verification code.
If you don't get a text after trying again, contact us here. Since Citi Bike accounts do not have passwords, you will need to receive a verification code in order to log in.