On the app
- Open the Citi Bike app
- Tap ‘Choose a Pass’
- Select a pass
- Tap ‘Continue’
- Tap ‘+ Add promo code’
- Enter promo code and tap ‘Apply Promo Code’.
- Finish the payment screen (If your promo code covers a ride pass, you will not be charged at this time. Your payment method will only be used for rides that incur overage fees)
- Enjoy your discounted ride!
Through the website
- Go to Citi Bike website
- Tap ‘Join’
- Tap ‘Join Now’
- Complete the required information and tap ‘Continue’
- Tap ‘Agree’
- On the Payment screen, tap ‘Use a gift certificate or discount code’ to add promo code
- Finish payment screen (If your promo code covers a ride pass, you will not be charged at this time. Your payment method will only be used for rides that incur overage fees)
If you are already a member, you will have the option to add a promo code when you log in and renew.
At the kiosk
- Press the ‘Getting Started’ button on the kiosk screen
- Insert your credit or debit card
- Request the pass type
- Select the number of passes needed
- Agree to the terms and understanding of services
- There will be an option for a ‘Discount Code’ on the summary page
- Note: Each code can only be used for a single rental.