There are a few options to purchase your pass!
- You can download the app (available for both Android and iPhone users)
- Tap Choose a Pass and select your desired pass.
- Tap Continue, tap +Add Promo Code, then enter the 8-digit code above.
- Follow the prompts to add a credit/debit card* and create an account with a password and your email.
- You can also check out our website to purchase the right pass for your trip
- Click Get a Pass
- Select the pass or membership you want to purchase.
- You’ll then receive an email with your ride code to redeem.
Once you’ve received your pass, head Citi Bike station you'd like to use and tap on the station icon on the map
- Select "Unlock a bike" and a 5-digit ride code will appear on the screen
- Type the 5-digit ride code into any dock with an available bike to unlock the bike
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to remove it from the dock
- Enjoy your ride!
NOTE: If you are and international visitor and unable to download the Citi Bike app, we apologize for the inconvenience. We are working hard to increase our global availability. In the meantime, you can access the Citi Bike website on your mobile phone.
While riding, make sure you stick to the time limits specified in your membership plan: 30 minutes for single ride or day passes and 45 minutes for monthly and annual members. Rides that go beyond those times are subject to extra time fees.
End your ride by ensuring your bike is properly locked. Return your bike to any Citi Bike station by pushing the bike firmly into the dock. Wait for the green light to ensure it’s locked.