To purchase a membership or pass through the Citi Bike mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the app
- Click Get a Pass
- Select the pass or membership you want to purchase
- Once you've purchased your pass, go to the Citi Bike station you'd like to use and tap on the station icon in the map
- Select "Unlock a bike" and a 5-digit ride code will appear on the screen
- Type the 5-digit ride code into any dock with an available bike to unlock the bike
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to remove it from the dock
- Enjoy your ride!
To end a ride, return your bike to any station with an empty dock. Insert your bike firmly into the dock, and wait for the green light to make sure it's locked. Watch this video to learn how to undock and dock a Citi Bike.
To ride again, just request another ride code by tapping "Unlock a bike" again. You can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active.
You can also purchase a Single Ride through the Lyft app. Click here to see instructions on how to use Lyft to ride Citi Bike.